Why do we need web standards
Web standards is a general term for the formal standards and other technical specifications that define and describe aspects of the World Wide Web. In recent years, the term has been more frequently associated with the trend of endorsing a set of standardized best practices for building web sites, and a philosophy of web design and development that includes those methods. -Source
There are still lots of websites that do not use web standards.
Sad to say i have seen many sites here in the Philippines, was developed by old fashioned web developers, meaning those who are not using web standards. And yet they earn developing old style of web development. Haha..
How do you spot if a site was developed by an old fashioned web developer?
1. They use framesets
2. The title page of the homepage is index or other pages are untitled-document
3. Images are not properly cropped.
4. May magsasabi na elementary student, kaya ko rin gumawa ng ganyan. Haha..
5. Check the source code, kpag may comment ng dreamweaver aun..
6. Check the html tags, kapag capslock, old fashion.
7. Ano pa? Comment ka kapag may alam ka pano malaman if a site is developed by an fashioned web developer.